What does the radiator do?
A car's engine is made up of a whole bunch of parts all moving together creating a lot of friction—and friction means heat! In no time at all, those engine parts can get super-hot. That’s where your radiator comes in. The radiator system pumps coolant (a mixture of water and anti-freeze) through the engine to keep things cool. The radiator system is more than just the radiator. The radiator works together with other parts including a fan, some hoses and a water pump to dissipate heat away from the engine.
What could possibly go wrong?
Where there are moving parts, there will inevitably be breakdowns. Low coolant levels, a clogged radiator, thermostat problems and other issues can cause the engine temperatures to rise to dangerous levels in a very short time. If this happens when you are driving, stop immediately and turn the engine off. Allow the car to cool before attempting to drive to a mechanic or call a tow truck.
How can I prevent radiator problems?
· Check the coolant levels on a regular basis
· Inspect hoses for cracks or leaks
· Look under the car for drips or puddles of green, sweet smelling liquid (coolant)
· Have routine inspections completed by your mechanic during preventative maintenance visits.
- Heavy Equipment Radiator Repair
- Heavy Equipment Radiator Replacement
- Radiator Fluid Service
- Radiator Service
Tuffy Pelham in Pelham services the needs of Pelham, Alabaster, Helena, Wooddale.
3422 Pelham Parkway
Pelham, AL 35124